With the keyboard all cleaned up, the circuit boards capacitors replaced and much general clean up attended to, I turned my attention to the controls – the sliders, pots and switches that you interface with to play the instrument. The Traveler sliders in the VCF section felt awful when I first checked out this synth. They were stiff and notchy when they would move. I figured worst case I would have to find suitable replacements for the 4 of them. I don’t remember if I even tried any of the other controls – once I got bad news I just moved on.
So where does this leave me?
- I still need to refinish the wood cheeks to use the originals until I can get new made
- I need to clean up and remove some paint speckles around the bodywork from someone painting with a roller near this – hopefully it is latex paint
- I have 1 capacitor to replace on an oscillator board
- I have to repair the foot that got bent in transit
- I need to power on and test it – all sorts of things can go wrong there.